We are committed to providing you with quality and affordable health care and the professional administration of this process.This practice charges rates based on the Discovery Health Premier A tariff structure.
It remains the responsibility of the patient / legal guardian to settle the full account for specialised medical services rendered.
- Private patients: Please settle the full account on the date of service.
- Injury on duty: Should the employer fail to register the case in terms of The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, Act 130 of 1993, the patient remains responsible for all medical costs.
- Medical Aid Insurance: Your medical aid benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract. The balance of your claim is your responsibility whether or not your insurance company pays your claim.
- Co-payments – first consultations: Payable on the day of the appointment.
- Claims submission: The account will be submitted electronically on behalf of medical aid patients on the day of service. Please follow-up payment with your medical aid.
- Account settlement: The full account has to be settled within 30 days from the date of service. Should the medical aid neglect to settle the claim within 30 days in accordance to the Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998, Section 59.2, the patient has to settle the full account and claim directly from the medical aid.
- Non-covered services: Please be aware that some treatment options might not be covered by your medical aid plan. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
- Authorisations: It remains the responsibility of the patient to obtain the necessary authorisations required for consultations, in-rooms or in-hospital procedures. Practice staff will only assist patients with the above by e-mailing the required documentation to your medical aid.
- Non-payment: If your account is over 60 days past date of service, you will receive a letter stating that you have 10 days to pay your account in full or we will refer your account for collection and you will be responsible for all legal fees.
We appreciate your understanding and co-operation.